This blog was started as a way to work through the grief of losing my baby March 9, 2011. I found reading stories of other women comforting while I've been going through this and hope that I can help anyone else experiencing the same thing.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Counting

I consider it progress that I didn't wake up today and immediately think "It's been 6 weeks now since I found out Bear had no heartbeat. I should be 25 weeks along today." Obviously I thought it later on in the day, but it wasn't the first thing I thought of. I think that's a healing thing, that it isn't the first thing that comes to me any longer. I continue to count the days/weeks etc. But at least it's not the first thing I think of in the morning.

That's all I've got today.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I have had two late losses myself and know how difficult this time can be. My first loss was to hydrops at 30 wks and my second to severe spina bifida at 22 wks. Be gentle with yourself. It takes time to heal from this. I still miss my babies daily and think about them. About what should have been. My last loss was in Nov. 2010. DH and I are getting ready to try again. I'm feeling better and stronger each day, and feel ready to try again. I hope you feel better and stronger soon too.
    See you on babycenter;)
    Teldair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teldair,
    Thanks for sharing. One of the things I've found most healing is the stories of other women. It's awful, yet comforting to know that you aren't the only one. I wish you luck with trying and a healthy happy baby soon!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete